doki Smartwatch for Kids with GPS functionality
|Product Name:||doki Smartwatch for Kids|
|Device:||Watch * Alarm Clock * SOS button * Video & Voice calling * Text Messaging * Touch Screen|
|App:||Geo-Fencing * Activity Tracker * School Mode|
|Deal:||Own Sim * International Usage * 1 year Warranty|
|Pros:||Many Features ; Video Calling|
|Cons:||No water resistance|
First of all, this device will track your child’s location, but also provide full phone functionality as well. This is an important safety feature when your GPS location tracking lacks accuracy inside buildings – knowing that you can still phone your child or even make a voice call, gives us parents greater peace of mind.
Furthermore, the doki smartwatch for kids also features an SOS button on the side which will immediately trigger alert notifications. These alerts include the child’s location and a clip with back ground noises to all the contacts that you programmed into the contacts list.
This smartwatch for kids is also an activity/fitness trackerwhich will motivate your child to run around a few more times in order to make the little virtual pet grow bigger and stronger.
Finally, the doki Watch GPS smartwatch for kiddies could definitely be a substitute for a phone for a primary school child!
We have done the research for you on the following features and functionalities:
doki Smartwatch for Kids Functionalities
- dokiCharms can be purchased separately.
- USB charging cable can also be purchased. (Please ensure not to charge the watch with a cable of another device as it can cause damage to the dokiWatch.)
Alarm Clock: Yes.
You can set alarms from the dokiWatch menu.
Battery Life: up to 24 hrs under normal usage and 36 hrs standby time.
Colors: Dazzle Pink, Mango Yellow, Sonic Blue, Shark Grey
The doki SmartWatch for kids offers both voice calling and video calling. Your child can receive video calls from the people on the contact list – no video call can be made from the dokiWatch. Your child can, however, make and receive voice calls – also only from the pre-set list of contacts. These are the only people your child can communicate with – any calls from anyone else will be blocked.
SOS Button: Yes.
If your child presses the red SOS button on the side of the dokiWatch for 3 seconds (or more) the 3-step Emergency SOS mode will be triggered:
Size: Average to bulky
The width of the watch face is 1.57 in. and the width of the watch strap is 0.75 in. The watch strap can fit a wrist size of minimum 5.12 in. and maximum 7 in.
Tamper Proof: No.
Text Messaging: Yes:one-way.
Text messages containing words are only available one-way from you to your child. However, your child can send you an emoji message or a voice message. Messages are stored for up to 7 days.
Touch Screen: Yes.
Please note that the dokiWatch is available in 2 languages: English and Chinese. The language preference can be set on the dokiWatch.
Tracking Range: Good.
The dokiWatch uses GPS, GSM as well as WiFi technology to track your child’s location.
User Age: 6 – 12 yrs old
Warranty: Yes – 12 months
This warranty is valid only for customers purchasing the dokiWatch from the doki website (www.doki.com). If you purchase it from any other website (like amazon.com), make sure that they provide you with a warranty (which they normally do). Doki Technologies Limited only guarantees the dokiWatch against defects resulting from normal use. The warranty does not apply to:
- cosmetic damage (ex. dent, crack, scratch etc.) or water damage.
- improper testing, operation, demonstration, maintenance, installation, adjustment or any alteration or modification of any kind
- software, interfaces, connectors, storage media, parts, or equipment that are not provided or approved by Doki Technologies Limited
- the dokiWatch being operated with incorrect or irregular supply voltage
- any use of the dokiWatch outside of its specifications
The following are expressly excluded from this warranty: Battery, USB charger, and LCD screen
Watch Functionality: Yes.
The watch face of this smartwatch for kids shows time and date.
Water Resistant: No.
The dokiWatch should be either removed or protected during rainy weather. Your child should keep it away from any liquids as it has a very low level of water resistance. The warranty also excludes and water damage.
What’s in the box?
- a dokiWatch,
- USB charging cable
- mini screw driver (to insert the sim card at the back)
- quick start guide
App Name: doki
The App can be downloaded from the Google Playstore (for Android smart phones) or iTunes (for iPhones). Only the administrator (probably one of the parents) has access rights to manage and edit the dokiWatch settings from the dokiApp. You can track multiple dokiWatches from the doki App.
The activity/fitness tracker on the dokiWatch features as dokiPet. This is a virtual pet which grows bigger and stronger the more active your child is. The dokiWatch has a built in accelerometer which tracks steps, distance as well as calories burnt.
Compatibility: The app can be downloaded on Android (from the Google Play store)or iOS device (from iTunes)
The doki App is compatable with the following smart phones: Android 4.4 (or higher) and iPhone 4 (or higher).
You will receive notifications when your child enters or leaves certain pre-set locations with a virtual geo-fence around them. Such areas are called “AlertAreas” on the doki app. You, as a parent, will set these AlertAreas yourself from the doki app.
Historical Tracking (timeline): No
Low Battery Alert: Yes.
Real Time Tracking: Yes, using Doki’s Smart Locator.
The doki SmartWatch for Kids uses the combination of GPS, GSM (your phone signal) and WiFi triangulation to communicate regular location updates via the doki App. You can set the tracking frequency to anything between 5 min and 60 min. Keep in mind that more frequent location reporting drains the battery.
Reminders: No, but you can use the alarm setting for this purpose.
Tamper Alert Alarm: No.
School/sleep mode: Yes.
You can deactivate your child’s dokiWatch for certain time frames of certain days – all this will be done remotely from the dokiApp. When class mode is activated, all the functions of the dokiWatch will be deactivated, except for the watch (time), SOS button and location tracking. You will therefore have no form of communication activated when the dokiWatch is in school mode.
User manual: Download the complete user manual here.
- Pairing devices via blue tooth: Your child can add a friend which also owns a dokiWatch to their contact list by simply pairing the dokiWatches through blue tooth. You, as a parent, will always receive a notification when your child adds a new friend. You can also delete this friend from the doki App on your smart phone.
- Camera: built-in 2 megapixel camera.
Ease of set up and usage: Seems quite easy, but please use the user guide provided here.
Customer Support: Yes, mainly via email
firstname.lastname@example.org (general enquiry) and email@example.com (customer support).
International Usage: Yes
- Make sure the Data Roaming box on the dokiWatch is ticked before leaving the original country. Also, make sure your SIM card has IDD (International Direct Dialling) service. For international calls, please enter “+” symbol and the country code.
- The dokiWatch will work from almost any carrier worldwide provided that the carrier operates on the frequency bands supported by the dokiWatch. The dokiWatch is available in two models based on cellular frequency bands the device supports. (check with your cellular carriers in your country before selecting a model – the dokiWatch will not work with sim cards from Sprint or Verizon in the US.
- Model 1900: (compatible with carriers in most countries in North America & Latin America)
- 3G WCDMA/ UMTS/ HSPA: 1900 MHz
- 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Model 2100: (compatible with carriers in most countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
- 3G WCDMA/ UMTS/ HSPA: 2100 MHz
2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
You must select the correct model based on the country/ region you plan to use dokiWatch in.
Subscription: No, not provided by Doki.
- You can get your own sim card with pay-as-u-go data or a data & voice contract from your preferred service provider. The dokiWatch needs a 3G nano SIM card with data and voice services in order to activate the device. Doki recommends a monthly 3G plan of about 300MB and 100 voice minutes. This is only an average and it will vary according to the usage rate.
- Your dokiWatch can also connect to WiFi. Set up the WiFi connection on the dokiWatch under the Device Settings. It will only use WiFi for location purposes and not for any other functionalities.
We just want to remind readers again that most happy customers do not write reviews – so we’re using this area to summarize the main topics of reviews on the specific device, whether positive or negative.
The dokiWatch has been receiving brilliant reviews from users. I must admit that the negative reviews are mainly related to the dokiApp: users battling to set up the watch or link the dokiWatch to the dokiApp. Some reviewers reported inaccurate location tracking which will unfortunately happen if any tracking device is indoors and not picking up any cellular or WiFi signals. In general, the dokiWatch is a tracking device which we can recommend with confidence.
Pros: Voice calling feature and camera
- Two-way video call and voice call
- Activity tracker
- SOS button with 3 point information
- school mode
- touch screen
Cons: Not water proof